For those who weren’t able to attend the Open Space Master Plan Community Workshop last week, the city has posted the comments it received during the workshop on its website. There were a lot of good ideas brought up and Stand With Our St. Vrain Creek looks forward to seeing the eventual outcome.
On March 22, the city will be holding a second workshop at 6pm at the Sunset Campus (7 South Sunset Street). Check out the events section for more details or go to the city’s website.
Longmont’s Department of Public Works & Natural Resources is in the process of updating the City’s Open Space Master Plan. The intent of this comprehensive plan is to evaluate Longmont’s open space needs to proactively plan for the future. To that end, the city is holding an interactive community workshop on February 22, 2018 from 7-9pm at the Natural Resources building located at 7 South Sunset Street Longmont, CO 80501.
The original plan is 16 years old (2002) and a lot has changed since then. Let your voice be heard as the city revises its plan for Longmont’s Open Space!
- The meeting will consist of a presentation and interactive work stations. Participants will be asked a variety of questions to evaluate the open space accomplishments over the past 15 years and to assess the needs of the community that should be addressed in this updated comprehensive plan.
- Dinnertime snacks will be provided during a welcome period from 6:30 – 7pm just before the meeting.
- Participants should plan to attend for the full time.
- Youth participation is encouraged.
- Spanish translators will be available.